Full Name: Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Born: 24 April 1973, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Parents: Ramesh Tendulkar, Rajni
Spouse: Dr. Anjali
Children: Sara and Arjun
Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest batsman of India. He is holding the title “Master Blaster”. On 14 November 1987, Tendulkar was selected to represent Mumbai in the Ranji trophy but was not selected for final eleven in any of the matches. He was the only player who played his debut first-class match for Mumbai in 1988/89 session. He scored 100 not out aged 15 yrs 232 days, till now he is the only youngest player to score a century on debut.
Sachin’s elder brother Ajit is the one who promoted Sachin in front of a great coach Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park, Dadar in 1984. Achrekar was impressed with Sachin’s performance and asked him to shift to Sharadashram Vidyamandir High School at Dadar.
On 24th May 1995, at the age of 22, he got married to Anjali, who was a pediatrician. Sachin has two children Sara and Arjun. Arjun is continuing his career in cricket.
Batsman – Right handed
Role – Batsman
Test debut – 15 November 1989 vs Pakistan
Last debut – 14 November 2013 vs West Indies
ODIs debut – 18 December 1989 vs Pakistan
Last ODI -18 March 2012 vs Pakistan
|Man of the Match
|Man of the Series
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- 1994 – Arjuna Award, by the Government of India
- 1997–98 – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honour
- 1999 – Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award.
- 2001 – Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Maharashtra State’s highest Civilian Award.
- 2008 – Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award.
- 2014 – Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.
- 1997 – Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
- 2002 – Received a Ferrari 360 Modena on the eve of the British Grand Prixon 23 July.
- 2003 – Player of the tournament in 2003 Cricket World Cup.
- 2004, 2007, 2010 – ICC World ODI XI.
- 2009, 2010, 2011 – ICC World Test XI.
- 2010 – Peoples’ Choice Award at The Asian Awardsin London.
- 2010 – Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World.
- 2010 – ICC Award-Sir Garfield Sobers trophy for cricketer of the year.
- 2010 – LG People’s Choice Award.
- 2010 – An Honorary group captainby the Indian Air Force.
- 2011 – BCCI Cricketer of the Year award.
- 2011 – Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year award.
- 2012 – Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award.
- 2012 – Honorary Life Membership of Sydney Cricket Ground(SCG)
- 2012 – Honorary Member of the Order of Australia
- 2013 – Indian Postal Service released a stamp of Tendulkar, second Indian after Mother Teresa
Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from ODIs in December 2012 and also retired from Twenty-Twenty cricket in October 2013. He retired on 16 November 2013 after playing his 200th and final test match from all forms of matches of cricket. He played his last match against West Indies in Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar has signed various business dealings. He signed a record sports management deal with WorldTel in 1995 of value 30 crore (US$4.9 million) over five years. His next contract with WorldTel in 2001 was valued at 80 crore(US$13 million) over five years. In 2006, he signed a contract with Saatchi and Saatchi’s ICONIX valued at 180 crore (US$29 million) over three years.
Sachin also opened two restaurants in partnership with Sanjay Narang. Tendulkar’s Colaba, Mumbai & Sachin’s Mulund, Mumbai & Bangalore. Sachin Tendulkar co-owns the Indian Super league Football team in association with PVP venture.
According to Forbes list of world highest paid athletes, Tendulkar is the 51st richest sportsperson in the world.
He has been sponsored by various brands ncluding Boost (1990–present),[Pepsi (1992–2009), Action Shoes (1995–2000), MRF (1999–2009), Adidas (2000–10), Britannia (2001–07), Fiat Palio (2001–03), TVS (2002–05), ESPN Star Sports (2002–present), Sunfeast (2007–13), Canon (2006–09), Airtel (2004–06), Reynolds (2007–present), G-Hanz (2005–07), Sanyo BPL (2007–present), Toshiba(2010–present), Colgate-Palmolive, Philips, VISA, Castrol India (2011–12), Ujala Techno Bright, Coca-Cola (2011–13) and Musafir.com(2013–present).
He is also been a spokesperson for National Egg Coordination Committee (2003–05), AIDS Awareness Campaign (2005) and Luminous India from 2010 till now.
“I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT WHERE I WILL GO, OR FORCED ANY TARGETS ON MYSELF”